For me college starts on monday and to be blatantly honest I am really unprepared. After quite literally doing nothing for the past 4 months I have come to a point where I should be organised and ready for college starting in order to begin my undergraduate course however I am 100% unprepared for what is about to happen. now don’t get me wrong it is an exciting time and everything is going to be fine but it is scary when you log in to your account online and see all the assignments, readings and study guides sitting there taunting you about what the future holds.
So I have come up with an action plan in order to get ontop of things so that I am ready for monday.
- Print. Print like you have never printed before. Lots and lots of printing of those necessary readings and study documents are a blessing when it comes to being ontop of everything when it comes time to write your first assignment.
- Start putting every single important date in your calendar. This will enable you to keep track of every single thing that you need to know and when things are due.
- Get your folder in order so that you can keep track of any handouts that may be given to you. Collate these into the appropriate subjects as soon as you get home that day.
- Make sure that you know every single form that needs to be filled out before your course starts and also be aware of any special requirements that you may have for your course.
- Prepare your mind for an information overload after only having to take in the details about TV shows for the past four months.
As the commencement of my course looms ever closer the amount of information I need to take in is getting ever higher so I have taken to writing everything down in a diary so that I can keep track of everything. I wish each and every one of you out there good luck as you embark on the next journey in life and please enjoy it as much as you can. You only get these oppurtunities once in life make the most of them while you can.
Watch my video below on this very subject for more.
© Andrew Pratt